Re: iSCSI target management in the Mgr Dashboard

On 13-09-2018 13:42, Jason Dillaman wrote:

[snip]

> Great. Since this REST API isn't currently versioned (for the same
> reasons as the dashboard REST API), I think there might be some value
> in having the dashboard interact w/ a "rbd-target-client"-like module
> that abstracts away all the REST calls under a clean and mockable API.
> Otherwise, I think we would want to make sure we keep an up-to-date
> test case in the ceph-iscsi-cli repo against all the REST APIs that
> the dashboard is invoking.

When you say "rbd-target-client"-like module are you talking about a mgr
module?

Wouldn't developing test case for the ceph-iscsi-cli require less effort
than developing a new mgr module to abstract it's API? Or are there
plans to develop another tool to manage the iSCSI targets and gateways
that will replace the ceph-iscsi-cli?

--
Ricardo Dias
Senior Software Engineer - Storage Team