Re: Asking for approval for 12.2.5 for QE validation

I'm thinking that we might need to change our backports workflow to go
for luminous-next instead of luminous by default and merging to Luminous
only at QE handover so that the branch is almost close to release branch
and we have less issues with merges and workflow when final QE is
happening.

It will be difficult for folks to remember to target luminous-next.

The work product of the release preparation phase is a SHA1 that has been signed off on and which then goes to QE to test. Would it be possible to put this "to-be-released" SHA1 into luminous-next when the release goes to QE? Then QE could test "luminous-next" and the release packages could be built from "luminous-next" as well.

One of the final steps of the release process, after the official release packages are built and made public on download.ceph.com, would be to manually merge luminous-next into luminous. IIRC this is what Sage proposed the last time this topic came up here.

Nathan