Create a trigger for rbd trash purge

Hello ceph devs,

The openstack guys at CERN wanted this rbd trash purge command to be
implemented to delete cinder images that have been expired in the
trash space. The current implementation is passive, which means that
it requires some kind cron job to clean the trashed images.
As they have too many cron dependencies and they don't want more, they
ask to create a trigger for the purge. Let's say when one osd becomes
nearfull (~80%), execute the command automatically to save some space.
What's the ceph way to implement something like that, can someone
point me to something similar so I can create the PR?

Thanks,
Theo