Re: ceph-disk vs ceph-volume

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 3:12 PM, Aleksey Gutikov
<aleksey.gutikov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alfredo,
>
> Yes, I tried vgscan, and it didn't help. Nothing helped except reboot.
>
> Issue is not reproducible with software disk deletion with
> /sys/block/sdb/device/delete
> I think because in this case block subsystem correctly deletes block
> device structure and all it's users like lvm pv,vg.
> It is not always reproducible with disk detach/attach.
>
> Tomorrow I will more carefully look at this issue, reproduce it and
> provide all possible information.

Things that I would try would be to use other flags with vgscan, for example:

vgscan --cache

I would also try pvscan --cache, and maybe add the -v for increased
verbosity. If LVM is failing to see the changes then we must try to
get it to find the new/changed device