ceph-disk vs ceph-volume

Hi all,

Previously with ceph-disk when hdd flaps there was udev rule starting "ceph-disk trigger" that was checking xfs partition with osd metadata and staring osd if metadata exists.

Now with ceph-volume device mapper device (/dev/dm-8 for example) hold the whole tree of kernel objects including lvm lv, vg and pv and also block device itself so same disk appears with different letter and without lvm data (lsblk does not see lv on disk with different letter).

And I have to perform a list of manual actions to start osd:

- remove device mapper device:
    sudo dmsetup remove /dev/dm-8

- disable new block device and rescan scsi to make lvm volume appear:
    echo 1 | sudo tee /sys/block/sdb/device/delete
    echo "- - -" | sudo tee /sys/class/scsi_host/host0/scan

- maybe umount osd direcroty (I'm not sure if it is required):
    sudo umount /var/lib/ceph/osd/ceph-12

- list osd disks to get lv name (osd fsid):
    sudo ceph-volume lvm list

- And finally start osd:
    sudo ceph-volume lvm trigger 12-92b66a98-1c35-40a8-bf5b-ac123c366166

Is that expected behavior or a bug or I'm missing something?

Thanks

--

Best regards,
Aleksei Gutikov