Re: RGW/ServiceMap etc

Hi John,

It's easy to build RGW as a library (we already do), but after
discussion with many stakeholders, the strong preference was not to
take this approach to integrate admin functions into ceph-mgr.
Rather, we'd like to use the already-defined and supported admin rest
interface.

Casey and I had thought that a more extrinsic workflow, more like how
keytabs and Ceph keyrings are managed, integrated into deployment
logic, would be more the way key distribuion would work.  I'd like to
be part of a more complete discussion on why this wouldn't be the
preferred approach.

I've personally gone back and forth on whether loading RGW logic in to
ceph-mgr was useful, but I'm pretty well convinced of the case for not
doing it for the main admin workflow, and find this workflow not much
of a motivation for loading RGW, on the surface, at least.

Matt

--

Matt Benjamin
Red Hat, Inc.