Re: Luminous: osd_crush_location_hook renamed to crush_location_hook

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Wido den Hollander <wido@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I completely overread this, but I just found out that osd_crush_location_hook was renamed to crush_location_hook in the new config style.
>
> When upgrading from Jewel to Luminous without touching your configuration OSDs will move to the default CRUSH location due to the hook not being executed.
>
> Was this an oversight with Luminous or was it intentional?

Hmm, that setting wasn't part of the existing schema config_opts.h
schema.  The init script was effectively treating it as a "magic"
value that ceph-conf would be able to read out of the text ceph.conf.
Not that that matters from a user POV!

It looks like the init-ceph.in is still referring to the old magic
config setting's name as well.

I would vote that we treat this as a bug and change the setting name
back to osd_crush_location_hook, even if the name isn't quite
descriptive any more -- Sage?

John