Re: Fwd: EXT: [ceph-users] ceph-lvm - a tool to deploy OSDs from LVM volumes

My position is that a small, python-only, with no direct bindings to
Ceph other than the CLI, should probably have the
freedom of staying out of tree, and that it can keep up with older
versions, and release often when bugs come up (as you've mentioned
happened
with ceph-deploy)

Release often in a single codestream? In other words, you are not planning to maintain separate codestreams for each stable branch of Ceph?

By the way, is there any other use for ceph-volume, other than as a tool for deploying OSDs? If not, I don't see the "no direct bindings to Ceph". It is bound to Ceph directly in that Ceph is the only reason for its existence.

Nathan