Re: Testing fuse implementation.

On 20-3-2017 18:38, Gregory Farnum wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Alan Somers <asomers@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> There's not really anything in make check for it; we rely on the
>>> libcephfs tests for smoking out problems there.
>>>
>>> In teuthology ceph-fuse gets all kinds of proper filesystem tests run
>>> on it. Just pick whatever's convenient on BSD? (On Linux I'd recommend
>>> the pjd filesystem test suite, but I don't know if that's
>>> BSD-compatible or not.)
>>> -Greg
>>
>> You mean this pjd filesystem test suite?  As a matter of fact, it was
>> originally written for FreeBSD.
>> https://github.com/pjd/pjdfstest
>
> Yep, that's the one. D'oh.

I'm getting a long way there.
The problem is that the default libvirt isn't default build with qemu.
But even if I fix that I'm still running into:
=======
Running libvirt-python-3.1.0/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
/tmp/easy_install-gZWx9C/libvirt-python-3.1.0/egg-dist-tmp-0Qckkn
file build/libvirt.py (for module libvirt) not found
file build/libvirt_qemu.py (for module libvirt_qemu) not found
file build/libvirt_lxc.py (for module libvirt_lxc) not found
file build/libvirt.py (for module libvirt) not found
file build/libvirt_qemu.py (for module libvirt_qemu) not found
file build/libvirt_lxc.py (for module libvirt_lxc) not found
file build/libvirt.py (for module libvirt) not found
file build/libvirt_qemu.py (for module libvirt_qemu) not found
file build/libvirt_lxc.py (for module libvirt_lxc) not found
libvirt-override.c:25:10: fatal error: 'build/libvirt.h' file not found
#include "build/libvirt.h"
         ^
1 error generated.
=======

Which seems to a file which is runtime generated, but expects things in
libvirt that I do not presently have available. And debugging files that
are remove upon error is also magic beyond me.

Perhaps it is better/faster to do some home cooking and build a cluster,
mount ceph-fuse and run a fs-tst.
But then that would be all manual labour, where theutology is intended
to automate all this, and make it repeatable. :(

--WjW