Ceph connections with TLS

Hello Ceph,

for a customer we are currently designing a ceph cluster, which shall be
spread over two data centers. Data in the Ceph cluster is slightly
confidential, so we would like to encrypt at least all Ceph traffic over
the fast data center connection link.

AFAICS, Ceph does not support data encryption at connection level yet,
so we would have to setup VPN links between the two cluster networks.
This means extra configuration, maintenance and overhead.

How far away is TLS support or something similar for the Ceph
connections? AFAIK, TLS support should not be hard to implement, but I
am not too familiar with Ceph internals.

Thoughts?

Amon Ott
--
Dr. Amon Ott
m-privacy GmbH           Tel: +49 30 24342334

Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 84946

Geschäftsführer:
 Dipl.-Kfm. Holger Maczkowsky,
 Roman Maczkowsky