Re: Memory Pooling and Containers

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Allen Samuels
<Allen.Samuels@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As we discussed in the Bluestore standup this morning. This is intended to start a discussion about creating some internal memory pooling technology to try to get a better handle on the internal usage of memory by Ceph. Let's start by discussing the requirements...

I'm afraid I don't have any useful thoughts on this, but I'm curious
if there's any chance of using these memory pools effectively outside
of BlueStore. Many of the features you discuss would be nice in the
MDS, which currently uses boost::pool for some of its metadata types,
but could really use something with a little more control (at least
than we've set up so far).
-Greg