Re: libcephfs API changes for credential rework

That said, the RPMs are currently named libcephfs1 and
libcephfs1-devel. I guess then we'd end up with a libcephfs2-devel. I
think we could add a "conflicts" directive in the specfile for it to
make sure we have a conflict with libcephfs1-devel.

Actually, in RPM we recently dropped the major version number from the devel package names, so in the kraken release we will have "libcephfs-devel" instead of "libcephfs1-devel". Same goes for the other lib packages like librados2, librbd1, etc.

It would make sense to do the same for the debian packages, right? The only reason to have the major version number in the package name is to enable multiple major versions of a library to be installed at the same time. But with the devel packages this is not possible - having the major version in the package name there is just confusing.

At least, this is how it was explained to me ;-)

Nathan