Re: richacl packaging for cephfs

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 5:10 PM, Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-09-20 at 15:57 +0100, John Spray wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I was just taking an updated look at how we could proceed to get
>> richacl support[1,2,3] built and tested in cephfs (probably for
>> luminous).
>>
>> The packages exist currently for Fedora.  For testing, we will need
>> them for Ubuntu (probably just Xenial?), CentOS and RHEL (once there
>> are RHEL nodes in the sepia lab).
>>
>> I'm not very aware of ways forward for Ubuntu, but on the CentOS front
>> it seems like we have at least a couple of possibilities:
>>  * Build ourselves (using some branch of the fedora packaging?) on a
>> Ceph gitbuilder/jenkins job and install from that repo in teuthology
>> jobs
>>  * Get packages into CentOS Storage SIG and point teuthology at
>> external storage SIG repos during testing
>>
>> I believe we could ask nicely for some help from the storage SIG to
>> package richacl, but I'm not immediately sure if that's actually our
>> preferred approach for consuming packages in our CI vs. self-building
>> anything that's not in the distro.
>>
>> Does anybody have thoughts on the best way to go?
>>
>> Would also love to hear any thoughts about richacl  SUSE and Ubuntu
>>
>> John
>>
>> 1. https://github.com/ceph/ceph/pull/6341
>> 2. https://github.com/andreas-gruenbacher/richacl
>> 3. http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/richacl.git/
>> --
>
> (cc'ing andreas)
>
> There are already richacl packages for Fedora, and the build
> requirements are pretty reasonable. Is there any reason not to just ask
> for those packages to be added to EPEL7? Should be pretty trivial to
> get them built.

I've requested an epel7 branch to be added to:

  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/richacl/

as per:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageDB_admin_requests#Additional_branches_for_existing_packagesadded

Not sure how long it will take to get that approved or if any
additional steps are needed; I guess we'll find out.

Thanks,
Andreas