Delayed start of OSDs with systemd to prevent slowdowns

Hi,

Currently with the systemd design a booting system will start all OSDs at the same time. This means that a cluster suddenly gets a bunch of CRUSH updates (if update on start is enabled), booting OSDs and PGs which go into peering state.

My systemd-foo isn't that good, but I was wondering if there is a way to modify ceph-osd.target in such a way that it doesn't start all the OSDs in parallel?

I would like 1 or maybe 2 OSDs to start at the same time with a delay of 120 seconds in between. This way the boot will take longer, but the impact on the cluster will be less.

Any ideas on how we might achieve this with systemd?

Wido