Re: Delayed start of OSDs with systemd to prevent slowdowns

> Op 11 augustus 2016 om 1:05 schreef Dan van der Ster <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>

> Hi Wido,
>
> I can't help you with the systemd foo, but I have two quick remarks ...

Nobody seems to be able :) systemd is new to everybody.

> 1. I've always thought that this was a nice feature of systemd... To get
> the osds booted and online as quickly as possible. And we've not seen the
> peering issues you described.

Yes, it's a nice feature. But these machines have 24 OSDs on a Dual Xeon E5 and the have a difficult time in coming up.

Have to note that it's a mixed 0.94.7 <> 10.2.2 cluster, so it might be something there.

> 2. The crush weight change shouldn't cause problems, if the weight isn't
> actually changing. IIRC it shouldn't even change the osdmap if the value
> doesn't change.

True, my bad indeed. That doesn't trigger a change, but it keeps the MONs busy however.

Wido