Re: [Ceph-qa] ceph-qa-suite branching (merge it into ceph.git?)

On 13/04/2016 23:17, Josh Durgin wrote:
> On 04/13/2016 02:09 PM, Loic Dachary wrote:

>>> It'll also be quite helpful to specify an alternate repo (not just
>>> branch) for testing suite changes without pushing to the main ceph.git
>>> and triggering gitbuilder builds.
>>
>> We can keep the current --ceph-qa-suite-git-url argument for that. Or do you have something else in mind ?
>
> I wasn't aware of that - looks like it's just a teuthology-openstack
> option. I was thinking we should have the same option for teuthology-suite.

Right. The teuthology-openstack option sets the ceph_qa_suite_git_url configuration option from ~/.teuthology.yaml which is not OpenStack specific. A naive implementation in teuthology-suite would be to replace the value in ~/.teuthology.yaml in the same way teuthology-openstack does it. It would however be problematic for a long lived cluster with multiple users racing with each other. A better implementation would be to have that as part of the config.yaml.

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre