Re: [Ceph-qa] ceph-qa-suite branching (merge it into ceph.git?)

On 04/13/2016 11:38 AM, Sage Weil wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016, Samuel Just wrote:
It also doesn't seem like it would actually present a problem in any case.

The reason we didn't do this before was because we wanted to revise tests
independently of the thing being tested.  But as John points out,
specifying a test branch should accomplish that, at least for testing.

It might be nice to preserve the ability specify an alternate repo with
totally out-of-tree tests.  Maybe that can be done with a simple reorg of
the repo, like putting everything under qa/, so that tasks/ and suites/
don't appear at the top level (of ceph.git or ceph-qa-suite.git).

It'll also be quite helpful to specify an alternate repo (not just
branch) for testing suite changes without pushing to the main ceph.git
and triggering gitbuilder builds.

Josh

sage

-Sam