Re: [Ceph-qa] ceph-qa-suite branching (merge it into ceph.git?)

On 04/13/2016 02:09 PM, Loic Dachary wrote:

On 13/04/2016 22:12, Josh Durgin wrote:
On 04/13/2016 11:38 AM, Sage Weil wrote:
On Wed, 13 Apr 2016, Samuel Just wrote:
It also doesn't seem like it would actually present a problem in any case.

The reason we didn't do this before was because we wanted to revise tests
independently of the thing being tested.  But as John points out,
specifying a test branch should accomplish that, at least for testing.

It might be nice to preserve the ability specify an alternate repo with
totally out-of-tree tests.  Maybe that can be done with a simple reorg of
the repo, like putting everything under qa/, so that tasks/ and suites/
don't appear at the top level (of ceph.git or ceph-qa-suite.git).

It'll also be quite helpful to specify an alternate repo (not just
branch) for testing suite changes without pushing to the main ceph.git
and triggering gitbuilder builds.

We can keep the current --ceph-qa-suite-git-url argument for that. Or do you have something else in mind ?

I wasn't aware of that - looks like it's just a teuthology-openstack
option. I was thinking we should have the same option for teuthology-suite.