Re: hammer v0.94.6 QE Validation status

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 12:31 PM, Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 11:24 AM, Gregory Farnum <gfarnum@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 10:56 AM, Yuri Weinstein <yweinste@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> Detailed summary of the QE Validation can be found here
>>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/13356#note-61
>>>
>>> The following suites were in scope of this point release testing:
>>>
>>> rados (subset 1/7)
>>> rbd
>>> rgw
>>> fs
>>> krbd
>>> kcephfs
>>> hadoop
>>> samba
>>> rest
>>> ceph-deploy
>>> upgrade/client-upgrade
>>> upgrade/dumpling-firefly-x (hammer)
>>> upgrade/firefly-x (hammer)
>>> upgrade/hammer
>>> upgrade/hammer-x (infernalis)
>>> powercycle
>>>
>>> Outstanding issues (approval requested):
>>>
>>> fs:
>>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/14716 - Greg, do you want those to be
>>> fixed for this release or approve release as is with a known issue?
>>>
>>> samba:
>>> http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/14714 - Greg, do you want those to be
>>> fixed for this release or approve release as is with a known issue?
>
> Okay, I looked briefly at the samba issue and honestly I'm just not
> that fussed about it. I'm a little concerned by the thread assert,
> although the fact that it's happening on shutdown anyway mitigates it
> some...
> I suppose I wouldn't call it a release blocker, but it's not a great
> precedent to set. I think ideally you'd want to try and identify where
> it happened — is it a genuinely new issue, or something showing up on
> the smithi boxes but not other hardware?
> You might check that by running this on the miras and/or ovh, and by
> running the version that last passed on ovh against smithi and seeing
> if/where the issues show up.
> -Greg

OK, Greg, I will try rerunning samba jobs in suggested environments
and we will see more info.

Are you still looking into the fs issue http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/14716

Thx
YuriW