Re: OpenStack Developer Summit - Austin

Hi all,

the vote for presentation period for the Austin Summit ends on 17th
February, 11:59 PST (18th February 7:59 UTC / 08:59 CEST). Here a list
of some very interesting and Ceph related presentation proposals waiting
for your vote (shorted urls point to the OpenStack voting page)!

I'm sure every vote will be welcome to get more Ceph talks to the next
summit!

- Disaster recovery and Ceph block storage: Introducing multi-site
  mirroring, Josh Durgin, https://goo.gl/FRbE9f
- CephFS as a service with OpenStack Manila, John Spray,
  https://goo.gl/5VHkFn
- Building a next-gen multiprotocol, tiered, and globally distributed
  storage platform with Ceph, Sage Weil, https://goo.gl/Q33K2e
- From Hardware to Application - NFV@OpenStack and Ceph, Danny Al-Gaaf,
  https://goo.gl/uZZH4K
- Micro Storage Servers at multi-PetaByte scale running Ceph, Joshua
  Johnson/Sage Weil, https://goo.gl/ZehWx4
- Persistent Containers for Transactional Workloads, Sébastien Han,
  https://goo.gl/iGkybe
- Cache Rules Everything Around Me, Kyle Bader/Stephen Blinick,
  https://goo.gl/AIQG12
- CephFS in Jewel: Stable at last, Gregory Farnum, https://goo.gl/9Z42t1
- Userspace only for Ceph: Boost performance from network stack to disk,
  Haomai Wang, https://goo.gl/Nh0eQt
- One for All: Deploying OpenStack, Ceph or Cloud Foundry with a
  Unified Deployment Tool, Nanuk Krinner/Rick Salevsky,
  https://goo.gl/PwOlNb
- Ceph at Scale - Bloomberg Cloud Storage Platform, Chris Jones,
  https://goo.gl/PXUauI
- How-to build out a Ceph Cluster with Chef, Chris Jones,
  https://goo.gl/hKUo8p
- New Ceph Configurations - High Performance Without High Costs,
  Allen Samuels, https://goo.gl/StwYg3
- Protecting the Galaxy - Multi-Region Disaster Recovery with OpenStack
  and Ceph, Sean Cohen/Federico Lucifredi/Sébastien Han,
  https://goo.gl/hQ6mvh
- Managing resources in hyper-converged infrastructures, Neil Levine,
  https://goo.gl/pfpv2l
- Ceph performance tuning with feedback from a custom dashboard,
  Chris Holcombe, https://goo.gl/ql4fKb
- Designing for High Performance Ceph at Scale, James Saint-Rossy/John
  Benton, https://goo.gl/5grj80
- Multi-backend Cinder, All Flash Ceph, and More! Year two of block
  storage at TWC, Craig DeLatte/Bryan Stillwell/David Medberry,
  https://goo.gl/Ms1PGf
- Challenges, Opportunities and lessons learned from real life clusters
  in China for open source storage in OpenStack clouds, Jian Zhang/
  Jiangang Duan, https://goo.gl/LrWh7i
- Stop taking database backups and just use a block drive as a dB
  partition in your Openstack Cloud, Swami Reddy M R.
  https://goo.gl/MnMfLa
- Building cost-efficient, millions IOPS all-flash block storage
  backend for your OpenStack cloud with Ceph, Jian Zhang/
  Jack Zhang/xinxin shu, https://goo.gl/P0xEPd
- Deploying OpenStack, Astara and Ceph: from concept to public cloud
  (and hell in the middle), Jonathan LaCour, https://goo.gl/oGYllC
- Performance and stability comparison of Openstack running on CEPH
  cluster with journals on NVMe and HDD, Narendra Trivedi,
  https://goo.gl/qrXydf
- How to Fuel OpenStack Storage, Christian Huebner,
  https://goo.gl/TZI5QT
- Ceph in the Real World: Examples and Advice, Christian Huebner,
  https://goo.gl/B53btG
- Study the performance characteristics of an Openstack installation
  running on a CEPH cluster with highly dense OSD nodes, Narendra
  Trivedi, https://goo.gl/WNe0qo
- All-Flash Ceph, Gunna Marripudi/Brent Compton, https://goo.gl/RfZhqw
- Building OpenStack with All-flash based Ceph Storage, Jaesuk Ahn/
  Jungyeon Yoon, https://goo.gl/d6DzPC
- Towards a Hyper-Converged Cache Solution for OpenStack, Yuan Zhou,
  https://goo.gl/u8kXRs
- Journey to Stability and Performance for Storage Clusters in OpenStack
  Yuming Ma/Robert Kissell, https://goo.gl/IoA9Vt
- OpenStack Security Use Cases, Adam Heczko/Florin Stingaciu,
  https://goo.gl/usluKP
- Monitoring OpenStack Ceph and Astara, David Wahlstrom/Jonathan LaCour,
  https://goo.gl/tQUMXC
- Why are so many people using Ceph with OpenStack?, Jacob Shucart,
  https://goo.gl/DhDOQ3
- CEPH Capacity Expansion Explained, Al Lau/Yuming Ma,
  https://goo.gl/UFLikd
- How to seemlessly migrate CEPH with PB’s of data from one OS to other
  with no impact, Shyam Bollu/Michael DeSimone/Sébastien Han,
  https://goo.gl/wxKars
- CEPH Proactive Monitoring and Alerting, Rushil Chugh,
  https://goo.gl/Gl8MvO
- Ceph on All-Flash Storage - Breaking the performance barriers,
  Venkat Kolli, https://goo.gl/Fpukwm
- Declarative model based Ceph cluster deployment and its integration
  with OpenStack components like Glance/Nova/Cinder, Jyoti Ranjan/
  Unmesh Gurjar, https://goo.gl/J0ELxu

Many proposals, if I missed one, sorry.

Danny