Re: Bucket namespaces pull req. 5872

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 16:09:41 +0100
Radoslaw Zarzynski <rzarzynski@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Those are the reasons I’m behind keeping rgw_user even if the
> entire information it carries would be solely an ID string.

Okay. It felt a little obfuscatory but perhaps it's my kernel background talking.

> Yeah, bucket namespace is a part of account/RGWUserInfo*. Property
> “has_own_bns” even now is serialized together with RGWUserInfo.

Very well, we're good.

> > The rgw_swift_create_account_with_bns shold go away with rgw_user.
>
> Option "rgw_swift_create_account_with_bns" is needed mostly due to
> integration with OpenStack (Keystone) when accounts* are automatically
> created at first access. Without the parameter you would lose ability to
> tell radosgw what is more important for you: compliance with Swift API
> or previous behavior that still may be useful in some cases. Creating
> massive amount of accounts by hand might not be an option here.

I'm buying the logic here: at the time of auto-creation, we do not
possess the information about the account being auto-created wanting BNS
or not. Still, it feels unsatisfactory. I'd rather look into some sort
of user attributes in Keystone or whatnot. I'll investigate and report.

> > The rgw_swift_account_in_url should be possible to incorporate
> > in a compatible fashion (it does not add an extra next_tok()).
>
> According to "rgw_swift_account_in_url": I don’t see viable method for
> deducing whether two tokens in URL refer to 1) account and bucket or
> 2) bucket and object. Of course, we may apply some kind of heuristic
> like scanning the first token for auth prefix (eg. “AUTH_”, “KEY_”) but
> this would introduce limitations on bucket naming.

That makes sense, but it's not how I read the actual code. I'll look again.

-- Pete