Re: Bucket namespaces pull req. 5872

Another thing worth discussion is the relation between bucket
namespaces and multi-tenancy. I understand MT as a mean to
provide grouping and separation between user IDs while BNS
does the same but in the domain of bucket names. In that sense
both things are perfectly orthogonal.

PR #5872 contains more than plain BNS. It also splits account
owner from identity used to authorize a given operation. Since
now an authentication subsystem (eg. Keystone or the internal,
RADOS-based one) need to set three basic things in req_state:
account owner (req_state::user), authentication identify used by
the verify_permission() methods (req_state::auth_user) and level
of permission (req_state::perm_mask). It also may create new
account (RGWUserInfo) if necessary.

Choice of identifiers in req_state::user and rgw_user::auth_user
is delegated to specific authentication subsystem. One could set
both to the same value while other might decide to differentiate
them and reflect state of some external source-of-truth (Keystone).
However, core of rgw doesn't need to care nor even be aware about
multi-tenancy.

>From my understanding wip-5073 implements the tenant concept
at the core layer.

Best regards,