Re: Ceph erasure coding

I see, thank you for your replies. I will try to implement a
CRUSH-map, which distributes the chunks in such a way.  Do you think
there will be any performance issues with such a map, placing multiple
smaller chunks on each osd instead of one large on each?

The reason we would like to do this, is that we have developed some
new erasure codes, which we would like to test on a large-scale
storage system like Ceph. These erasure codes rely on
sub-packetization to reduce the amount of data read from each disk
when reconstructing an erasure. Since CEPH does not seem to have an
ability to read part of a chunk, we thought we could sort of bypass
this by making each chunk contain one sub-packet, and place a set of
these chunks (sub-packets) on each osd.