Re: Where does the data go ??

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Tomy Cheru <Tomy.Cheru@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Noticed while benchmarking newstore with rocksdb backend that, the data is missing in "dev/osd0/fragments"
>
>>64k sized objects produces content in above mentioned dir, however missing with <=64k  sized objects
>
> Corresponding drive/s shows activity, .sst files are in "dev/osd0/db" dir
>
> Is it expected behavior ??
>
> Where does the data go ??

Newstore is designed to put large objects and updates in the
filesystem, but to store small objects and overwrites inside of
RocksDB for faster access. You seem to have discovered that from the
other end, but I'd recommend looking at some of the Newstore design
discussions (and documents? I think there are emails and documents) if
you're going to be working with it.
-Greg