multi-site rgw and the period push/pull api

Hi Orit and Yehuda,

A couple questions came up today while I was fleshing out the /admin/realm handler:

I found a RGWOp_Period_Get() and _Post() in rgw_rest_config.cc that do pretty much what we want for push and pull.  Is this /admin/config handler temporary, or should we share these ops between the /admin/config and /admin/realm handlers?

I also asked Yehuda for clarification on the push op (POST /admin/realm/period):

(04:09:59 PM) cbodley: i'm confused, because the title says "Request children to fetch period", but under Input: it includes a json representation of the period
(04:10:29 PM) cbodley: so should the POST include the data, or should the handler send a GET request to fetch it?
(04:11:57 PM) yehudasa_: cbodley, great question.. let me take a look
(04:14:21 PM) cbodley: i guess it depends on how we do authentication? we don't want to accept a POST from any random endpoint, and overwrite our map. so sending a GET to a known party sounds safer in that respect
(04:14:30 PM) yehudasa_: cbodley, I think it should include the period data
(04:15:20 PM) yehudasa_: we should only allow authenticated system users to be able to send it to us

So my followup question is, should we get rid of the period_id and epoch parameters for POST, since the json-encoded period will contain those already?

Thanks,
Casey