Re: testing the teuthology OpenStack backend

Hi,

[cc'ing the ceph-devel list for Zack or Andrew's input]

On 19/08/2015 11:32, Li Wang wrote:
> Hi Loic,
>   we did a test, the results are attached. We found that the
> network may be the bottleneck, it seems it will fetch all
> the packages from ceph website on the fly, that does take time
> and cause many failed jobs, and there are also many dead
> jobs, what do those mean? Do you have some suggestions,
> if possible to enable it fetch the packages from configurable
> mirror or even private package repositories?

You can ssh to the teuthology instance (the host that runs pulpito) and modify the ~/.teuthology.yaml with

   gitbuilder_host: gitbuilder.ubuntukylin.com

which will override the default of

   gitbuilder_host: gitbuilder.ceph.com

I've never done that however and maybe Zack or Andrew have advices on how to establish a mirror properly.

I think having a private package repository that is useable by teuthology is complicated because the package locations, naming conventions and build methods are difficult to reproduce (and I don't fully understand what they are right now).

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre