Re: Fedora 22 systemd and ceph-deploy

On Mon, 3 Aug 2015, Owen Synge wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> My plan is to make a fedora22-systemd branch. I will leave fedora 20 as
> sysvinit.
>
> Ok just done my first proper install of systemd ceph branch on fedora22.
>
> I can confirm most of the issues.
>
> I am giving up for the day, but so far applying SUSE/opensuse code to
> Fedora ceph-deploy code in ceph-deploy has helped a lot.
>
>     cp /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ceph_deploy/hosts/suse/mon/* \
>       /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ceph_deploy/hosts/fedora/mon/
>
> (Running on suse version patched release)
>
> It can now set up the mon daemons correctly its self.
>
> I will look into the udev rules, tomorrow morning, and remove some more
> fedora hard coding to "sysvinit".

There is a wip-systemd branch ceph-deploy that has enough ceph-deploy
changes for me to successfully do the deployment of mon, osd, mds, and
rgw.  The main thing it doesn't do is figure out which version of Ceph
you're installing to decide whether to do systemd (post-hammer) or
sysvinit (hammer and earlier).  That's going to be annoying, I'm afraid...

I suspect what we really want to do is abstract out the systemd behavior
into something that the distros opt in to so that we aren't duplicating
code across the suse, centos, rhel, and fedora host types...

sage