Fedora 22 systemd and ceph-deploy

Dear all,

My plan is to make a fedora22-systemd branch. I will leave fedora 20 as
sysvinit.

Ok just done my first proper install of systemd ceph branch on fedora22.

I can confirm most of the issues.

I am giving up for the day, but so far applying SUSE/opensuse code to
Fedora ceph-deploy code in ceph-deploy has helped a lot.

    cp /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ceph_deploy/hosts/suse/mon/* \
      /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ceph_deploy/hosts/fedora/mon/

(Running on suse version patched release)

It can now set up the mon daemons correctly its self.

I will look into the udev rules, tomorrow morning, and remove some more
fedora hard coding to "sysvinit".

Best regards

Owen

On 07/28/2015 09:13 PM, Sage Weil wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I've finally had some time to play with the systemd integration branch on
> fedora 22.  It's in wip-systemd and my current list of issues includes:
>
> - after mon creation ceph-create-keys isn't run automagically
>   - Personally I kind of hate how it was always run on mon startup and not
> just during cluster creation so I wouldn't mind *so* much if this became
> an explicit step, maybe triggered by ceph-deploy, after mon create.
>
> - udev's attempt to trigger ceph-disk isn't working for me.  the osd
> service gets started but the mount isn't present and it fails to start.
> I'm a systemd noob and haven't sorted out how to get udev to log something
> meaningful to debug it.  Perhaps we should merge in the udev +
> systemd revamp patches here too...
>
> - ceph-detect-init is only recently unbroken in master for fedora 22.
>
> - ceph-deploy doesn't know that fedora should be systemd yet.
>
> - ceph-deploy has a wip-systemd branch with a few things so far:
>   - on mon create, we unconditionally systemctl enable ceph.target.
> i think osd create and mds create and rgw create should do the same thing,
> since the ceph.target is a catch-all bucket for any ceph service, and i
> don't think we want to enable it on install?
>   - rgw create and mds create don't work yet
>   - osd create doesn't enable ceph.target
>
> - I'm guessing my ceph.spec changes to install teh systemd unit files
> aren't quite right... please review!  The gitbuilder turnaround is so slow
> it's hard to iterate and I don't really know what I'm doing here.
>
> Owen, I'd like to get this just a tad bit more functional and then merge
> ASAP, then up any issues in the weeks leading up to infernalis.  What say
> ye?
>
> sage
>
> --

SUSE LINUX GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer, HRB
21284 (AG
Nürnberg)

Maxfeldstraße 5

90409 Nürnberg