newstore and rocksdb column families

Dhruba (rocksdb dev) asked if column families might be a good fit for
controlling the WAL behavior.  I'm not certain it addresses specifically
the WAL behavior, but it creates a bunch of opportunities for segregating
the overlay and/or wal records out from the regular metadata (onodes,
omap).  The short version is that each column family has it's own
memtable and sstable files, but everything shares the same WAL, so you
still get the atomicity.

I suspect this would be most helpful for the overlay records, where we'll
have reasonably large key/value pairs with medium to long lifespans.  I'm
not sure how helpful it will be with our wal records since if they make it
out of the log at all we are already losing.  :/

Anyway, something to consider!

https://github.com/facebook/rocksdb/wiki/Column-Families

sage