Re: Ceph & Cinder & HA

How do you envision the HAProxy setup?
I’m in the dev room, we can discuss that.

HAProxy is a good idea but you need to be careful on how you monitor the ceph-mon.

> On 07 Nov 2014, at 10:56, Giulio Fidente <gfidente@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 11/07/2014 10:50 AM, David Moreau Simard wrote:
>> Giulio,
>>
>> Right. The volume part is tricky because the volume is ultimately tied to one cinder-volume instance.
>> I don't have a magic solution for that yet.
>
> yep but this can be worked around by customizing the host= setting in Cinder so all instances of cinder-volume look like a single 'host'
>
> this was discussed with Cinder guy here, which I am in touch with too, and is known to expose some issues due to multiple cinder-volume instances potentially trying to get access to the same volume when multiple tasks are queued ... yet this is 'known stuff' and they are already working on a 'state machine' for Cinder which will fix the a/a scenario
>
> until then, the idea is to deploy cinder-volume in a a/p scenario, yet customizing the host= setting
> --
> Giulio Fidente
> GPG KEY: 08D733BA | IRC: giulivo
> --

Cheers.
––––
Sébastien Han
Cloud Architect

"Always give 100%. Unless you're giving blood."

Phone: +33 (0)1 49 70 99 72
Mail: sebastien.han@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : 11 bis, rue Roquépine - 75008 Paris
Web : www.enovance.com - Twitter : @enovance