Re: Ceph & Cinder & HA

On 11/07/2014 09:46 AM, David Moreau Simard wrote:
Loic,

Was there an etherpad ? I'm curious as I didn't attend that one.

HA with Cinder mostly revolves around setting up multiple cinder-api and cinder-volume servers. Was there something else involved ?
I can probably contribute my knowledge on that..

hi David,

indeed it would be great if we could get in touch! I'm still at the summit, in the TripleO room, in case you are around too.

So yes there is an etherpad and also a TripleO spec which goes a bit more into the details (linked from the etherpad):

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-kilo-l3-and-cinder-ha

The architecture we're considering is as follows:

  keepalived
    haproxy
      ceph-mon

where haproxy and ceph-mon are always up on all openstack 'controller' nodes (also running cinder) and keepalived is taking care of managing a virtual ip hosted on one of those
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA | IRC: giulivo