Re: blueprint: osd: ceph on zfs

Hi Yan,

I just found the wip-zfs branch in your repo and noticed your comment on
the wiki; somehow I missed that (and your message in #ceph-summit) during
the actual session!

This branch looks great!  My one suggestion is that the FileStore code
would be cleaner if we implement a GenericFileStoreBackend that does the
standard xfs/ext4 stuff and the things like the crufty chain of attempts
to call syncfs(2).  Separating out the refactor from the addition of the
ZFS backend into separate patches would also be nice.

I'd love to pull this in even if you're still seeing zfs stability issues,
as the refactor is a good thing, and we can point Brian at the standalone
ceph_test_filestore_workloadgen tool which will hopefully also be
sufficient to make zfs break for him with minimal reproduction effort.

sage