Re: Issues with ceph-deploy/deph-disk

Hi Luke,

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013, Luke Jing Yuan wrote:
> Dear developers,
>
> I had tried asking similar question in ceph-users but had not had any
> reply so please forgive me for posting here.
>
> I had a slight issue with ceph-deploy (aside from the bug #4984)
> specifically during osd prepare and activate. I am trying to build
> cluster using some old HP servers and Ubuntu Precise, but unfortunately
> the devices in these HP came out as /dev/cciss/c0d0 and so on (or
> /dev/cciss/c0d0p1 if with partitions). So is there any possible
> workaround or where I can make changes since the ceph-deploy/ceph-disk
> is expecting something like /dev/sda instead?

I opened http://tracker.ceph.com/issues/5345 to track this.  To help us
out, can you comment on that bug and include the output from

 find /dev/disk -ls
 find /dev/cciss -ls

The code that determines whether a given device is a partition or
what partitions belong to which devices is currently using the device
names to do it, but that clearly isn't a robust approach.

Thanks!
sage