Re: erasure coding (sorry)

Hi Christopher,

You wrote "A modified client/library could be used to store objects that should be sharded, vs "standard" ceph treatment.  In this model, each shard would be written to a seperate PG, and each PG would we stored on exactly one OSD.  " but there is no way for a client to enforce the fact that two objects are stored in separate PG.

Am I missing something ?

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre