Re: Client can't reboot when rbd volume is mounted.

On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Roman Alekseev wrote:
> On 11.02.2013 09:36, Sage Weil wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Roman Alekseev wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When I try to reboot a client server  without unmounting of rbd volume
> > > manually
> > > its services stop working but server doesn't reboot completely and show
> > > the
> > > following logs in KVM console:
> > >
> > > [235618.0202207] libceph: connect 192.168.0.19:6789 error -101
> > That is
> >
> > #define        ENETUNREACH     101     /* Network is unreachable */
> >
> > Note that that (or any other) socket error is not necessarily fatal; the
> > kernel client will retry and eventually connect to that or another OSD
> > to complete the IO.  Are you observing that the RBD image hangs or
> > something?
> >
> > You can peek at in-flight IO (and other state) with
> >
> >   cat /sys/kernel/debug/ceph/*/osdc
> >
> > unmount/unmap should not be necessarily in any case unless there is a bug.
> > We backported a bunch of stuff to 3.6.6, so 3.6.10 ought to be okay.  You
> > might try a newer 3.6.x kernel too; I forget if there was a second batch
> > of fixes..
> >
> > sage
>
> Hi Sage,
>
> > #define ENETUNREACH 101 /* Network is unreachable */
>
> The reason of this error is that networking stop working after performing
> server reset request.
>
> > Are you observing that the RBD image hangs or something?
>
> the RBD works properly. It is just mapped and mounted on the client server.
>
> # /dev/rbd1              99G  616M   93G   1% /home/test

I think I'm confused about what you mean by 'server'.  Do you mean the
host that rbd is mapped on, or the host(s) where the ceph-osd's are
running?

By 'the RBD works properly' do you mean the client where it is mapped?  In
which case, what exactly is the problem?

> The "/sys/kernel/debug" folder is empty, how to put 'ceph/*/osdc' content into
> it?

'mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug' and it will appear (along with
other fun stuff)...

sage