Re: Client can't reboot when rbd volume is mounted.

On 11.02.2013 17:52, Sage Weil wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Roman Alekseev wrote:
On 11.02.2013 09:36, Sage Weil wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2013, Roman Alekseev wrote:
Hi,

When I try to reboot a client server  without unmounting of rbd volume
manually
its services stop working but server doesn't reboot completely and show
the
following logs in KVM console:

[235618.0202207] libceph: connect 192.168.0.19:6789 error -101
That is

#define        ENETUNREACH     101     /* Network is unreachable */

Note that that (or any other) socket error is not necessarily fatal; the
kernel client will retry and eventually connect to that or another OSD
to complete the IO.  Are you observing that the RBD image hangs or
something?

You can peek at in-flight IO (and other state) with

   cat /sys/kernel/debug/ceph/*/osdc

unmount/unmap should not be necessarily in any case unless there is a bug.
We backported a bunch of stuff to 3.6.6, so 3.6.10 ought to be okay.  You
might try a newer 3.6.x kernel too; I forget if there was a second batch
of fixes..

sage
Hi Sage,

#define ENETUNREACH 101 /* Network is unreachable */
The reason of this error is that networking stop working after performing
server reset request.

Are you observing that the RBD image hangs or something?
the RBD works properly. It is just mapped and mounted on the client server.

# /dev/rbd1              99G  616M   93G   1% /home/test
I think I'm confused about what you mean by 'server'.  Do you mean the
host that rbd is mapped on, or the host(s) where the ceph-osd's are
running?

By 'the RBD works properly' do you mean the client where it is mapped?  In
which case, what exactly is the problem?
I mean the host that rbd is mapped on. This host doesn't want to restart until rbd volume is mounted:) In order to get server restarted we need to umount rbd volume manually before performing "reboot" command.

The "/sys/kernel/debug" folder is empty, how to put 'ceph/*/osdc' content into
it?
'mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug' and it will appear (along with
other fun stuff)...

sage

I've update kernel to 3.7.4 version but problem is still persist.

Thanks

--
Kind regards,

R. Alekseev