Re: flashcache

2013/1/17 Atchley, Scott <atchleyes@xxxxxxxx>:
> IB DDR should get you close to 2 GB/s with IPoIB. I have gotten our IB QDR PCI-E Gen. 2 up to 2.8 GB/s measured via netperf with lots of tuning. Since it uses the traditional socket stack through the kernel, CPU usage will be as high (or higher if QDR) than 10GbE.

Which kind of tuning? Do you have a paper about this?

But, actually, is possible to use ceph with IPoIB in a stable way or
is this experimental ?
I don't know if i support for rsocket that is experimental/untested
and IPoIB is a stable workaroud or what else.

And is a dual controller needed on each OSD node? Ceph is able to
handle OSD network failures? This is really important to know. It
change the whole network topology.