Re: status monitoring options for ceph cluster

On Thu, 3 Jan 2013, Wido den Hollander wrote:
> On 01/03/2013 12:05 AM, Dan Mick wrote:
> > (and of course it makes sense to build those on libraries that could
> > serve other access methods)
>
> I'd prefer a library :-) This way you can build your own binaries, bindings
> for languages like Python, PHP and Java.
>
> The binaries could just link against the library and output information in any
> way we want for Zabbix, Nagios, Icinga, etc.

A library is coming very soon, and shortly after that a REST interface
that wraps it.

Dennis, Ugis:

More generally, the 'ceph report' command will give you a JSON dump of
theh current cluster status.  You can get less detail from 'ceph health
[detail]', which will also have a JSON option shortly.

You may also be interested in the admin socket, which lets you query
individaul running daemons (instead of the monitor):

 ceph --admin-daemon /var/run/ceph/ceph-osd.123.asok help

sage