Re: status monitoring options for ceph cluster

On 01/02/2013 04:05 PM, Ugis wrote:
Hi all,

I am planning to set up monitoring of ceph cluster relying on output
of commands:

#ceph health
#ceph -s

The need is to retrieve certain values, for example %degraded;
proportion "X GB / Y GB avail" to calculate available space%. I plan
to graph those values via zabbix and set up triggers for certain
tresholds.
May be somebody already has written shell parser for getting values
from output of these commands?

Probably this ir wider question - what is the intended approach for
ceph cluster monitoring? What do you guys use?

You might want to take a look at: http://tracker.newdream.net/issues/685

In version 0.35 a json output was added. I've never tried it before, but you might want to look at that.

A blogpost was also recently added: http://ceph.com/community/monitoring-a-ceph-cluster/

Wido

BR,
Ugis