Re: Debian packaging question

On 12/12/12 15:44, Sage Weil wrote:
>>> I thought this was going to be the easy solution, but on
>>> running a
>>>
>>> Gah - this will bite when I do the next upload to Ubuntu as
>>> well then; Can I suggest that we rework debian/rules for
>>> debhelper >= 7 and use overrides rather than the current 'old
>>> style' rules which define all tasks?  I was toying with doing
>>> this anyway (and have it working locally) - it does cut out
>>> some of the content from d/rules and makes it a bit more
>>> *magic*
>>>
>>> Thoughts?  I'm happy to raise a pull request for this.
> Yes, please!  In the meantime, does build-indep sound like a valid
>  workaround?  (This hiccup has been delaying some simple fixes in
> 0.55.1, but unless there is a quick fix I think we'll just release
> it without the java bindings for now to get those fixes out to
> people.)

Yes; I'd recommend looking at the postfix source package on how todo
this with the binary-arch and binary-indep targets:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/raring/postfix/raring/view/head:/debian/rules

- -i and -a flags and the differentiator between -i(ndependent) and
- -a(rchitecture) builds

- --
James Page
Ubuntu Core Developer