Crush and Monitor questions

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Ceph and am just learning about it.

Where are the CRUSH maps stored in Ceph? In the documentation I see you use the 'crushtool' to compile and decompile the crush map. I understand that if a single monitor comes online, it can talk to the other existing monitors to get the cluster map but how does it work on initial startup? Or if the entire Ceph clusters goes down b/c of power failure or something.

What is the recommended hardware configuration for monitors? In the Hardware Recommendation page it says "A monitor requires approximately 10GB of storage space per daemon instance." per daemon instance is talking about the monitor daemon, not the osd daemons?

Also further down on that page, it list some hardware examples where it mentions a ligher configuration for monitors. I am assuming that is the Dell PE R510 which contains 8 x 2 TB drives. Why does the monitor need so much space if it's "10GB of storage space per daemon instance".

-Bryant