Re: Ceph journal

Hi,

Personally I won't take the risk to loose transactions. If a client
writes into a journal, assuming it's the first write and if the server
crashs for whatever reason, you have high risk of un-consistent data.
Because you just lost what was in the journal.
Tmpfs is the cheapest solution for achieving better performance, but
it's definitely not the most reliable. Keep in mind that you don't
really want to see your load/data balancing through the cluster while
recovering from a failure...
At last resort, I will use the root filesystem if it's decently fast
to store the journals.

My 2 cents...

Cheers!

--