Re: Ceph Benchmark HowTo

Hi all,

I have updated the how-to here:
http://ceph.com/wiki/Benchmark

And published the results of my latest tests:
http://ceph.com/wiki/Benchmark#First_Example

All results are good, my benchmark is clearly limited by my network
connection ~ 110MB/s.

In exception of the rest-api bench, the value seems really low.

I have configured radosgw with this:
http://ceph.com/docs/master/radosgw/config/
I clean disk cache on all servers before the bench,
and start rest-bench for 900 seconds with default value.

Is my rest-bench result normal ? Have I missed something ?

Don't hesitate if you need more informations on my setup.

And then, I have another question about how is the Standard Deviation
calculated with rados bench and rest-bench ? with the reported value
printed each second by the benchmark client ?
If yes, when latency is too high, the reported bandwith is sometime zero,
then has the calculated StdDev for bandwith a sens ?

Cheers,
--
Mehdi Abaakouk for eNovance
mail: sileht@xxxxxxxxxx