Ceph Benchmark HowTo

Hi all,

I am currently doing some tests on Ceph, more precisely on the RDB and RADOSGW
parts.
My goal is to get some performance metrics according to the hardwares and
the Ceph setup.

To do so, I am preparing a benchmark how-to, to help people to compare their
metrics.

I have started the how-to here : http://ceph.com/w/index.php?title=Benchmark
I have linked it in the misc section of the main page.

Then, first question, is it alright if I continue publishing this procedure
on your wiki ?

The how-to is not finished yet, this is only a first draft.
My test platform is not ready yet too, so the result of the bench can't be
used yet.

The next work I will do on the how-to is to add some explanations on how
to interpret the results of benchmark.

So, if you have some comments, ideas of benchmarks, or anything that can be
helpful to me to improve the how-to and/or compare future results,
I would be glad to read them.

And thanks a lot for your work on Ceph, this is a great storage system :)

Best Regards,
--
Mehdi Abaakouk for eNovance
mail: sileht@xxxxxxxxxx