Re: Building a small Ceph development environment

Everything works out, but because RHEL6 lacks syncfs support your performance will be less predictable. If you have more than one OSD on a box without syncfs() support you'll certainly want to run btrfs if you can.
(Ceph daemons are very concerned with their data integrity — for the obvious reasons — and so they spend a lot of time making sure stuff goes on disk in the right order. Newer kernels and userspace environments provide more tools for doing this without doing a full sync() system call.)