Re: How to recover degraded objects?

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 23:58, Atish Kathpal <atish.kathpal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Moreover, I am also unable to create new objects and/or get/put the
> degraded objects. I re-ran mkcephfs after my reboot.

Well, if you re-ran mkcephfs, that wiped out your old data, so your
earlier question is now moot. Did you shutdown all the daemons first
before mkcephfs? If not, expect them to be broken now. It's hard to
guess what the state of your system is now; perhaps the easiest path
out is to shut down all the daemons, remove all the ceph data ("osd
data" and "mon data" dirs in ceph.conf), re-run mkcephfs, see that
"ceph health" says ok, and then try the "rados" command again.