Re: How to recover degraded objects?

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Tommi Virtanen
<tommi.virtanen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 23:58, Atish Kathpal <atish.kathpal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Moreover, I am also unable to create new objects and/or get/put the
>> degraded objects. I re-ran mkcephfs after my reboot.
>
> Well, if you re-ran mkcephfs, that wiped out your old data, so your
> earlier question is now moot. Did you shutdown all the daemons first
> before mkcephfs? If not, expect them to be broken now. It's hard to
> guess what the state of your system is now; perhaps the easiest path
> out is to shut down all the daemons, remove all the ceph data ("osd
> data" and "mon data" dirs in ceph.conf), re-run mkcephfs, see that
> "ceph health" says ok, and then try the "rados" command again.

Thanks for the insights. Yes, I guess I did too many things after the
reboot, including re-starting the daemons and the re-running mkcephfs.
So from your reply I understand that a system reboot would have done
nothing to my RADOS objects, it was the re-running of mkcephfs that
degraded my objects. Right?

I am able to use "rados" command again, I independently performed some
of the steps you have also mentioned. I have understandably lost all
my old object though.

Thanks
Atish