Logging to syslog from clients

Hi all,

I'm running a Ceph cluster with a number of read-only ramdisk based clients
mounting the filesystem. I'd like to get the logs of the client out via syslog.
I've seen some posts dealing with logging to syslog, namely the thread
starting at http://www.spinics.net/lists/ceph-devel/msg02876.html . I see
options like "log to syslog" and "clog to syslog". It's not clear what they
mean, could someone tell me the difference?

Anyway, currently my logging settings on the client are

[global]
log file =
log dir =
log to syslog = true
clog to syslog = true

But when the filesystem is mounted with the FUSE client, I still get

failed to open log file '/var/log/ceph/client.admin.log': error 2: No such file
or directory

which is surprising. I thought that the above options should have disabled
logging to file, but it looks like it still tries to open it. Is this a bug, or
me doing something wrong?

Thanks,
--
cc