Re: Filesystems for ceph

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011, Fyodor Ustinov wrote:
> On 07/28/2011 02:33 AM, Sage Weil wrote:

> > > Christian, IMHO ext3/ext4/btrfs unusable for ceph. I tested some time xfs,
> > > and
> > > think to use it again. But I think that the ceph developers do not like
> > > xfs:)
> > What problems have you seen with ext4?
>
> Look to my message to Greg. In a nutshell - I again have broken ext4 fs
> on OSD servers with 2.6.39 kernel.

Oh, you mean the fsck errors?  Got it.  If you see it again (on another
disk/machine, with a reasonably fresh fs) the ext4 guys will be interested
in hearing about it.  It's probably in the xattr code, which ceph uses
heavily but most people only set once per file (for selinux labels), if
at all.

sage