Re: (un)stability of ceph

Sage Weil <sage <at> newdream.net> writes:

> Based on your requirements, it sounds like Ceph is a good fit.  As for
> status, here is the latest update:
>
> - Ceph is not yet ready for production however, we are confident that we
>   are only a few months away
> - We have not experienced any data loss on our pseudo-production
>   test clusters for quite some time now.
> - We (DreamHost) have expanded the core team on Ceph to 7 people who are
>   primarily working on stability and performance
> - Each month more and more people are digging in and getting involved in
>   the project which we hope will accelerate development further
> - We are very close to launching a hosted beta of the object store layer
>   which will help us identify foundational issues

Requests from "user" :)

1. Stop "featuring". ceph does all what need. :)
2. Fix a bugs.
And most important:
3. Please, please, please, make documentation. I get along without the
"crushtool: add --reweight-item" - I know how to use the "vi". But I do not know
the meaning of the secret parameter "weight".

I like ceph and I want it quickly became a "ready for production" :)

WBR,
    Fyodor.